The Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Directive published by the European Commission (link) provides guidance on the collection, treatment and recycling of electronics at the end of their life.
Note: Aerospace, defence and space products are exempt.
For Meggitt Sensing Systems it only applies to the following product categories:
- Category 8: Medical devices
- Category 9: Industrial monitoring and control instruments
How do I know if it’s a WEEE product?
- The product carries a crossed-out wheelie bin symbol, and
- The product scope falls under WEEE categories 8 and 9
If the product meets (1) and (2) then please contact MSS for more instructions on how to send the equipment back for recycling.
Additionally, if you are a recycler, please use the email below to request information on how to recycle an in-scope Meggitt product. Please specify:
- Model number of Meggitt Sensing Systems product
- Your company name/contact details
Each country has different regulations and requirements. We can provide instructions on how and where to return the product free of charge.
For more information please contact: email@example.com