The Board of Directors of Meggitt PLC recognises the important responsibility it has towards protecting the environment and is committed to:
- Incorporating environmental sustainability and responsibility in all aspects of our business by including environmental protection, resource conservation and waste reduction in our strategic planning
- meeting or exceeding all applicable environmental compliance obligations and conducting frequent external and internal reviews to assure audit readiness
- requiring all manufacturing facilities to achieve recognised certification of their environmental management systems and continuous improvement of those systems
- promoting environmental stewardship amongst all employees assessing the impact of our business activities on the environment by collecting, analysing and publishing key environmental performance metrics
- minimising or preventing, where practicable, any adverse impact on the local and global environment arising from the Group’s operations and products; and
- working with our suppliers to minimise any adverse impact of their products and operations on the environment.
The Board is responsible for implementation and performance of this policy. On a day-to-day basis, the Group Operations Director has functional responsibility on behalf of the Chief Executive, and the Division Presidents and Site Directors are responsible for local implementation. This policy and its implementation will be reviewed on a regular basis by the Board to ensure that it remains appropriate and relevant to the organisation. The Group is committed to providing the necessary support in order to ensure that all sites can fulfil the requirements outlined in this policy.
This policy will be communicated to everyone working for or on behalf of the Group.
Approved by the Board of Directors on 30 October 2018.