MTSI’s live fire training solutions prepare men and women who work in military, law enforcement and security organisations to use best marksmanship, proper judgment, rules of engagement and tactical skills when using firearms.
MTSI manufactures and distributes the FATS® line of training simulators for marksmanship, judgmental, tactical and combined arms training. These systems cover a wide range of weapons fire training scenarios involving small arms, air defence, armoured vehicle and vessel-mounted equipment and air support. While an extensive library of CGI and video courseware scenarios is continually updated to meet customer training requirements, we also customise courseware.
Our extensive weapons arsenal of over 400 system-controlled weapons is available to meet law enforcement and military training needs. Many of these weapon types are offered using MTSI’s patented Bluefire® wireless weapons technology for increased mobility, effective recoil and real-time trainee and system monitoring.
Through High Level Architecture (HLA) protocol networked training solutions, multiple users can interact on a common virtual battlefield, even if geographically separated.
As the authoritative developer and leading full-line manufacturer of state-of-the-art live fire shooting ranges, equipment and systems, MTSI has designed, built and installed equipment for over 9,000 shooting ranges—more than any company. Innovation firsts include the invention and commercialisation of the first practical environmental trap to reduce bullet fragmentation and lead dust contamination, for which we have been granted nine patents; the Road Range self-contained mobile firearms facility; and a live fire judgmental simulator that allows trainees to use their own service weapon.
Our stationary and mobile infantry and armoured target systems, simulators, hit detection devices, scoring and range control systems are designed to meet a wide range of requirements. They are an integral part of small arms and armoured weapons training for all branches of armed and security forces in more than 50 countries worldwide including an extensive presence in the USA, UK, Europe, the Middle East and Australasia.
Many federal and international law enforcement agencies, large metropolitan training academies and thousands of police departments use our range equipment to conduct their firearms training. We also serve ammunition and firearms manufacturers and commercial shooting range owners.
Our live fire training services include site planning, turnkey design and installation, training, maintenance and inspection, and logistical support for any range type, location or mission requirement.
With over 100 years of combined experience in the live fire and simulation industries, MTSI can create tailored solutions for customers while offering expert technical support programmes.
MTSI serves an international customer base from its location in Suwannee, Georgia, USA with branches in Australia, Canada, Singapore, Malaysia, the Netherlands, the UAE and the United Kingdom. It can deploy service personnel anywhere in the world for instructor training, system installation and maintenance. We have sold approximately 17,000 training systems to date in over 50 countries.
- Small Arms Trainer (SAT) and Squad Trainer
- Law Enforcement Training Simulator (LET) and portable simulator (XVT)
- Bluefire® wireless smart weapons and less lethal weapons options
- Forward observer, JFCOM and JTAC trainers – I-FACT™ (Indirect Fire Forward Air Control Trainer) with Head Mounted Display (HMD)
- Indirect fire trainer
- Motion platform trainers (Humvee, LAV, port security, naval)
- Road Range mobile live fire training facility
- Bullet traps, baffles and guards for indoor and outdoor ranges
- Target retrieval systems
- Stationary and mobile Infantry and armoured vehicle live fire target systems
- Target augmentation including battle effects
- CQB training - SHOTT House (Shoot House for Optimized Tactical Training)
- MOUT training solutions including human form targets
- Off-the-shelf and customised video and CGI scenarios
- Service and training: extended warranties, life cycle support/upgrades, contractor logistics, turnkey training solutions, customised programmes
- Shooting range design, installation and service
- Military and defence
- Federal and international law enforcement agencies
- Metropolitan training academies
- Police departments
- Security agencies
- Weapons simulators
- Shooting ranges